วันจันทร์ที่ 20 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

What are the pimple like bump things you get on your tongue?

Ever since I was a little girl I would very rarely get this painful pimple like bump on the tip of my tongue. My mom would always tell me that they were lie bumps. But I know that isnt what they are really called. What are they really called and what causes them to appear? How can I treat it to go away?


Quoted directly from the site... " "Lie bumps" are caused by trauma (rubbing, scraping or biting) that removes the surface of the one of the fungiform papillae. The fungiform papillae are the normal little bumps on the tongue that people call "taste buds." Most people, when their tongue is irritated, can't seem to keep from rubbing it against the teeth to make it feel better (sort of like scratching an itch); however, this usually makes things worse. You might want to try using a protective over-the-counter medication such as OraBase or Zilactin. These materials act like a bandage and help to protect the ulcerated surface of the fungiform papilla."

0 ความคิดเห็น:

 
help pimple. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino